ABOUT THE COURSE
The certification for the Mobile Application Testing Foundation Level is intended for professionals who are working with mobile technology. The certification provides an insight into methods, techniques and tools a professional may use to test mobile applications. It is also for professionals who are planning to start implementing mobile projects or are working within companies that plan to do so. The certification provides an advantage for those who would like to know the required mobile project activities, roles, methods, and methodologies specific to their role.
The Mobile Application Testing Foundation Level qualification is aimed at the following main groups of professionals:
- Professionals who have achieved in-depth testing experience in traditional methods and would like to acquire specific competence for testing mobile applications.
- Junior professional testers who are just starting in the testing profession and would like to know more about the tester’s role when developing mobile applications.
- Professionals who are experienced in their role and need more understanding and knowledge about how to perform and manage testing on all levels in mobile projects.
These professionals include people who are in roles such as testers, test analysts, test engineers, test consultants, test managers, user acceptance testers, and software developers.
2 days, instructor led, question and answer based hands‐on interactive course
Chapter 1: Business and Technology Drivers
- Business and technology drivers that need to be considered when creating a test strategy for mobile applications.
- How the business and technology drivers influence the testing of mobile applications.
- Key challenges, risks, and expectations associated with testing of mobile applications.
- Ways to mitigate risks specific to testing of mobile applications.
- How to create a test strategy for mobile application testing.
Chapter 2: Mobile Application Test Types
- Tests for various features of mobile devices including different hardware and various types of sensors.
- Tests for app interactions with device software.
- Tests required to obtain approval for publishing on application stores.
- Tests for testing various connectivity methods.
- How to apply the different test types and test levels when testing mobile applications.
Chapter 3: Common Test Types and Test Process for Mobile Application
- How to apply common test types, as described in the Certified Tester Foundation Level syllabus, in the mobile-specific context.
- Testing mobile applications for installability, stress, performance, usability, accessibility, security, globalization, localization and with databases.
- Additional test levels applicable for mobile application testing.
- Use of mobile-specific heuristics, personas, mnemonics and tours used for performing exploratory testing.
- Mobile test process and approaches.
Chapter 4: Mobile Applications Platforms, Tools and Environment
- Development platforms used for mobile application development.
- Using some of the common tools supplied as part of application development platforms.
- Emulators and simulators, and their use in various situations.
- Various approaches for setting up an automation test lab.
Chapter 5: Automating the test Execution
- Automation approaches, frameworks, and solutions for mobile application testing.
- Parameters to be considered during the evaluation of mobile testing automation tools.
- Advantages and disadvantages of different approaches for creating automation test labs.
- Global recognition
Mode: Hands On, Written Exercises, Group Discussion, Case Study etc